Who doesn’t love finding hidden things? In video games there are often many different hidden secrets within the content and sometimes these little gems are referred to a “Easter Eggs”.
One unique secret is actually a song known as “Totaka’s Song”. This interesting little number was created by Kazumi Totaka, a video game the composer who has created music for titles such as Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening.
The song, like any good secret, can be quite difficult to find. One of the easier ways to find the song is in the game Mario Paint where all you have to do to hear the special tune is click on the “O” when your at the title screen of the game.
Here is a list of known titles that contain this secret song:
- Animal Forest (Japan) and Animal Crossing (World)
- Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Animal Crossing e-Reader cards (#P15, “Boy”, “Who’s Dunnit?”)
- Animal Crossing: Wild World
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening and the DX version
- Luigi’s Mansion
- Mario Artist: Talent Studio
- Mario Paint
- Pikmin 2
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- Virtual Boy Wario Land
- Yoshi’s Story
- Yoshi Touch & Go