Dihydrogen Monoxide In Your Home!

man in chemical suit

Upon doing some research, I have found that large amounts of the chemical compound Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is inside my own home and I thought I would mention that it’s likely in your home as well. I feel that it’s important to point out some of the hazards associated with the chemical compound.

  • Solid Dihydrogen Monoxide can be dangerous especially when exposed to your skin for long periods of time.
  • When Dihydrogen Monoxide is in a gaseous state it can cause severe burns.
  • It corrodes¬†and oxidizes many metals which can lead to damage of infrastructure like bridges or many of the common items in your home.
  • DHMO is a major component of acid rain.

What makes all of this even more scary is that Dihydrogen Monoxide is almost guaranteed to be in your home and it’s likely in all forms, solid, liquid and gas. I have found a helpful website that goes into greater detail about the uses and dangers of DHMO.

** For those who become especially concerned about DHMO please head here.

For images of the chemical compound head here.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.