If you have the Minimal Install of CentOS 7 and want to install the KDE Desktop, follow this guide and type in the commands below once you have CentOS 7 booted up and you’re logged in.
Enter in these commands to install the KDE Desktop from the Minimal Install:
Note: If you are not logged in as root, then you will need to use sudo. Also, you need to be connected to the internet for this to work, as you will need to download resources to your machine.
1. yum groupinstall “X Window System”
2. yum groupinstall “Fonts”
3. yum install kde-workspace
4. yum install gdm
Now to start the KDE desktop envirmonent you can type in:
To have the system boot into the KDE Desktop follow steps 1-4 then :
1. unlink /etc/systemd/system/default.target
2. ln -sf /lib/systemd/system/graphical.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target
3. reboot OR (systemctl isolate graphical.target)