Return to a savage world. Garrosh Hellscream has escaped through the Dark Portal and forged the orc clans of old into a terrifying war machine known as the Iron Horde. Take your place on the front lines of the battle for Draenor 11.13.14.
World Of Warcraft
Blizzard Announces World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Day one at Blizzcon 2013 has brought with it some awesome announcements including the reveal of a new World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor, which will dive deep into Warcraft history and allow players to relive the past. We will get to see the world of Draenor as it was long ago and before the orcs first invaded Azeroth.
With the new expansion comes many new features including a new world to explore, Draenor. For those who don’t know much about World of Warcraft lore, Draenor is essentially Outland before the orc invasion.
Players will also get a chance to level up to level 100, but don’t worry if you haven’t even made it to level 90 yet as Blizzard has decided to allow you to instantly take a character to level 90 to catch up and play the new content.
Other features include:
- New Character models.
- New Battlegrounds.
- New class talents and permanent ability bonuses.
- New Heroic versions of classic dungeons.
- New Raids and a more refined questing system.
The heroes of Azeroth are on the verge of a war that will reforge the fate of two worlds. Announced today at BlizzCon® 2013, World of Warcraft®: Warlords of Draenor™,the fifth expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game, sends players to the world of Draenor at a pivotal moment in history to fight against and alongside legends from Warcraft’s brutal past.” – Blizzard Entertainment
To get complete details on the new World of Warcraft Expansion head over to Blizzard’s Warlords of Draenor site now.
BlizzCon 2013 Getting Closer
This years Blizzcon is set to begin a little later this year then it has in the past with the first day of the convention beginning on Friday, November 8 and the second day on Saturday, November 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m on both days. Blizzcon 2013 will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center, 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802.
Tickets to attend the event in-person have long since sold out but you can still join in on the fun from home by purchasing a Blizzcon virtual ticket. The virtual tickets are being sold for $39.99 and will allow you to see the full event streamed live on the Blizzcon website with multiple channels so you can pick the content you want to see.
Here’s a list of what to expect from the live streaming event:
- Developer Panels: Get the latest news and firsthand developer insight into the creation of your favorite Blizzard games.
- Exclusive Interviews: Dig deeper into the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo universes in exclusive interviews with Blizzard executives and developers.
- Costume and Talent Contests: Get a great view of the creativity on display in the legendary BlizzCon Costume contest and the brand-new-for-2013 Talent Contest.
- Closing Ceremony: Be there for the closing festivities on Saturday night, celebrating two full days of Blizzard gaming and eSports action.
When you buy a virtual ticket you will also receive some cool in-game goodies which for 2013 include:
- World of Warcraft Pet: Murkalot
- StarCraft II Portrait & Decal: Tearin’ Stitches & Stitches’ Hook
- Diablo III Banner: Mark of Death (PC version only)
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Card: Mystery Minion
For complete details on the event and/or to purchase a virtual ticket, head to the official Blizzcon website.
World of Warcraft Trivial Pursuit
Blizzard Store and ThinkGeek.com are now selling the World of Warcraft Trivial Pursuit game.
“For the first time ever, Trivial Pursuit partners with massive multiplayer online role-playing game; World of Warcraft. Challenge and test yourself with 600 questions of the world, dungeons, villains, loot and more. An epic adventure awaits all heroes who answer the call!” -Blizzard
Ever wonder what Trivial Pursuit would be like in other lands? In Azeroth, for instance, would they still have questions about US Politics? We don’t think so. They’d have questions about their own history and politics and geography and stuff. Well, like it fell through a dimensional fissure, that’s what we got here: World of Warcraft Trivial Pursuit.
World of Warcraft Trivial Pursuit is all about WoW. Move your custom baby Murloc piece around (following the number on the custom baby Murloc die) and earn yourself some wedges by answering questions correctly (wedges still fit in classic playing pieces, also included). World of Warcraft Trivial Pursuit categories include villains, lore, and loot! Adventure through 600 questions to test who really knows World of Warcraft and who should just go out into the real world and play outside.
World of Warcraft Trivial Pursuit
- For Ages 12 and up.
- Trivial Pursuit mashed up with World of Warcraft.
- Move custom baby Murloc movers – because you can!
- Categories: Geography, Villains, Encounters, Characters, Lore, and Loot.
- Includes: Game board, 100 cards (600 questions), custom baby Murloc die, custom baby Murloc playing pieces, usual Trivial Pursuit pieces and wedges, and instructions.
- Board Dimensions: Trivial Pursuit-sized.
You can purchase these at the Blizzard Store and ThinkGeek.com
Warcraft Movie Release Date Set December 18, 2015
Blizzard Entertainment has announced yesterday, October 1st, in a tweet, the official release date for their movie Warcraft. The film was first announced at E3 back in 2006.
We’re pleased to announce that @Legendary Pictures’ WARCRAFT will be released by @UniversalPics on December 18, 2015.
— World of Warcraft (@Warcraft) October 1, 2013
The film is being directed by Duncan Jones, and is rumored to feature actor Colin Farrell. Spider-Man director Sam Raimi was at one point involved, though he would later drop out, claiming Blizzard “mismanaged” the film. It is believed to have a budget that exceeds $100 million.
The plot is largely unknown, but there have been past reports that tell us it could have “time travel and alien worlds”. Production on the film will begin in January. Some are excited and others think this is a huge mistake. Guess we will just have to wait and find out.