Emoji icons are a popular set of ideograms that became available on the iPhone with iOS 5 and are commonly used to when sending messages. But did you know you can use them on the Mac as well?
Whether your writing yourself a note or using Messages to talk to a friend, you can easily add Emoji icons to your text by following these easy steps.
(*Please note that will will need to have OS X Lion or later to access Emoji Icons.)
- First, open the application that you want to use an Emoji Icon with. (In this case we’re using Messages.)
- Head to the menu bar at the top of the screen and click “Edit”.
- Select “Special Characters” or press Option+Command+T on your keyboard.
- Select an Emoji from the list.
- Drag and drop the Emoji wherever your text is and your done!